. . . receives donations of new and and re-usable home furnishings, home improvement and construction items to sale at discount to the public. Proceeds from ReStore sales will enable Habitat to build more safe, decent and affordable houses in Glynn County. Donors will not have to pay landfill fees and contributions will be acknowledged for tax deduction purposes.
The ReStore receives and sells clean, working appliances, electronics, furniture, house wares, paint, electrical fixtures, plumbing fixtures, hardware, doors, windows, shingles, floor tile, carpet, and vinyl siding. Call Habitat at 265-7455 to schedule an appointment for pickup.
Habitat’s ReStore and administrative offices occupies the old Eckerd’s Drug Store in the Glynn Plaza Shopping Center at the intersection of Altama Avenue and Community Road. Please note that the ReStore and administrative offices will be moving in April 2014 to the Lanier Plaza, 1919 Glynn Avenue.
The ReStore provides other-than-construction volunteer opportunities to work with Habitat for Humanity. Volunteers will assist customers, receive donations and prepare merchandise for sale. Interested persons should call Habitat at 265-7455 weekdays for a schedule.
ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED AT RESTORE
· BROKEN/UNFRAMED MIRRORS OR GLASS
· SLIDING GLASS DOORS
· USED SHOWER DOORS
· CARPETS THAT ARE DIRTY
· LUMBER SMALLER THAN FOUR FOOT LENGTHS
· PAINT that is opened or oil based
· CHEMICALS or PESTICIDES
· HAZARDOUS MATERIALS
· UNMARKED CONTAINERS
· INCOMPLETE CABINETS – must have doors and/or drawers – no rot, cracks or separating
· COUNTERTOPS WITH CUTOUTS
· FLORESCENT LIGHT FIXTURES
· APPLIANCES in disrepair or of significant age
· Anything broken
· WINDOWS unless they are complete units with sashes
· TOILETS that are taken apart or do not have all of the parts
· ANY NON-WORKING OR DIRTY ITEMS
THIS IS NOT AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF MATERIALS THAT WILL OR WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED BY THE RESTORE.